If you are aressted or confronted by the police:.
1. First, ask to call your lawyer
2. Be courteous, do not resist
3. Do not consent to search or entry
4. Do not talk about anything, do not admit or deny anything
5. Ask if you are free to go. if you are, GO.
In this Issues and Law Section, Scott and Medling provide answers to preliminary questions that frequently arise in many criminal investigations including: Police contact and search for narcotics.
Because of the unexpected nature of most investigation, this information may prove to be valuable in our defense. You may review the following Q and A to see if it presents any issues relevant to your situation. Do not delay seeking proffesional consultation...